Deadline: 11 December 2013
Open to: youth workers, coordinators, facilitators and trainers from Serbia, Albania, Bosnia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Italy, UK, Poland, Estonia, Spain
Venue: 11-20 January 2014 in Sremski Karlovci, Serbia
TO Empower through Experience is focused on developing competencies of youth workers in facilitating experiential learning for young people. The training is designed to be practical and based on participant’s own journey through experiential learning.
The aim of this project is to increase the quality of youth work by equipping youth workers (coordinators, facilitators, mentors) with competencies in facilitating experiential learning.
During the training course participants’ personal and professional competencies (knowledge, skills, and attitudes) as youth workers and facilitators of experiential learning will be tackled and upgraded in the process. The training will be highly practical and based on experiential learning process and on increasing the impact and transfer (in their work and communities). Educational team is composed of 3 trainers (from all corners of Europe) with more than 10 years of experience in youth work field, training youth workers and trainers across Europe and experiential learning.
Youth workers, coordinators, facilitators and trainers that:
- are currently working directly with young people in various settings (project, workshops, camps, campaigns, etc.)
- express a need to upgrade their competencies in designing and facilitating experiential learning processes;
- have experience in facilitating learning for young people (could be an advantage);
- have at least medium level of English (to be able to participate in discussion and in training activities);
- are resident of one of following countries: Serbia, Albania, Bosnia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Italy, UK, Poland, Estonia, Spain.
Important Note: applications from people residents in other countries (regardless if they are nationals/citizens of the countries mentioned before) will not be accepted.
This project is funded by the Youth in Action Programme. According to its rules, all costs of board and logging will be covered by the organisers. In addition, the Youth Dialogue Programme is going to reimburse 70% of the participants’ travel costs, upon the receipt of all original tickets and invoices.
Application deadline is 11 December 2013. Please download and print the application documentsHERE. After you have filled them out, send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.