Please note that the scholarship application is separate from the application to master’s programmes at Swedish universities. Make sure to complete your application for the master’s programmes that you wish to apply to before the deadline 15 January 2014. You apply by using the national online application service Universityadmissions.se. Pay your application fee to University Admissions before the fee deadline of 3 February 2014. Please make sure to check for any updates at Universityadmissions.se.
Once you have submitted your application to the master’s programme/s it will be assigned a personal application number consisting of six digits. You must use this application number when applying for a Swedish Institute scholarship (scholarship application period 3-11 February 2014).You will be required to submit a Motivation letter and Europass CV with your scholarship application. These can be prepared well in advance of the actual scholarship application period. Kindly note that no other documents than the mandatory enclosures will be considered.
The Swedish Institute is looking for applicants who display both intellectual ability and leadership potential and welcome applications regardless of age, gender and religious beliefs. The scholarship programme aims for diversity amongst the scholarship holders.
Steps to complete your Swedish Institute scholarship application
1. Prepare a Motivation Letter according to the Swedish Institute template (available here). Motivation letters in any other templates or formats are NOT valid. Make sure to read the questions in the Motivation Letter thoroughly and be specific and personal in your reasoning.Without exception, answers may not exceed the allowed number of characters (letters and spaces) for each question.
2. Prepare a Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English only using the Europass format of maximum three pages. Any CV submitted in another format than the Europass in English is NOT valid. Additional pages will not be considered.
3. When the Swedish Institute scholarship application period opens on 3 February 2014, apply through our online system. Use the personal application number retrieved from Universityadmissions.se. Do not forget to submit your Motivation Letter and CV.
The scholarship application form will be available on this page during the application period 3-11 February 2014.
Please note that you need to submit a separate copy of your scholarship application for each eligible master’s programme that you have applied to. For example, if you have applied to the maximum four master’s programmes, you must submit four separate online scholarship applications. Each application must have a Motivation Letter and CV attached. You may use the same Motivation Letter and CV for each application, or create unique ones for each programme.
What happens with my scholarship application?
1. All eligible and complete applications are assessed by a selection committee taking into consideration the relevance and quality of the Motivation Letter and CV.
2. Only students who have been offered a place in a master’s programme after the first selection round on 27 March 2014 will be considered for a scholarship. Students who have been listed as reserves will not be considered. Unfortunately, no scholarships are available for late admissions.
3. In early April, the Swedish Institute will publish a list of successful scholarship candidates at Studyinsweden.se. The publication date will be posted on the website’s calendar. Due to the large number of applicants, only those who are offered a scholarship will be notified.
4. Please note that you have to accept your place at the study programme at Universityadmissions.se before the indicated deadline.
5. Each successful candidate will receive an official scholarship offer by e-mail and is requested to accept or reject this offer by the deadline indicated.
Will there be a reserve list for the SI Scholarship for the Western Balkans?
Each year the Swedish Institute awards more scholarships than are available as there are always several students who do not accept their scholarship offer. Because of this practice, we do not have a reserve list for scholarships.
Key dates and deadlines for applications for the academic year 2014/2015
- October 2013 – 15 January 15 2014: Apply online to master’s programmes on Universityadmissions.se and pay your application fee.
- 1 February 2014: Deadline for supporting documents and payment of application fee. For detailed information seeUniversityadmissions.se.
- 3-11 February 2014: Apply for a Swedish Institute scholarship through the online application service (application opens 3 February 2014).
- 27 March 2014: Notification of selection results published on Universityadmissions.se.
- 7-8 April 2014: List of successful candidates for Swedish Institute Scholarships published on Studyinsweden.se.
- 10 April 2014: Deadline for accepting your study place.
- 8-17 April 2014: Swedish Institute formal scholarship offer to successful candidates by e-mail.
- 30 April 2014: Deadline for accepting the Swedish Institute scholarship.