Deadline: 19 January 2014
Open to: Recent graduates in Communication, Media Studies or Journalism that are EU nationals or posses a valid work permit for the Netherlands
Remuneration: 800 euros
Recently graduated in communication/media studies or journalism? Greenpeace International is offeringtwo positions in its Communications Department internship programme. They are looking for a brilliant new talent, fresh from college/university or a similar experience to join them for a six-month internship from March to August 2014 in Amsterdam. Greenpeace International internships arefull-time positions (up to 40 hours per week). The interns will help and support media strategy and network building to inspire and mobilise millions of people to save the planet.
- Reporting media (and social media) statistics
- Quantitative and qualitative media analysis
- Media trends research
- Create internal news briefings
- Aggregation and coding of media coverage
- Reporting web performance statistics
You will spend roughly 50 percent of your time on the tasks above and related work in the department. For the rest of your time, you will work together as a team on different media analysis projects. The intern will plan, manage and execute the projects during the internship.
- Have good written English and preferably good command of another language;
- Love working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Be comfortable promoting an idea and defending an argument;
- Be good at multi-tasking;
- Be willing to learn new skills, and share your skills with others;
- Interest in and awareness of environmental issues.
Greenpeace International internships are meant for students or recent graduates who have completed their studies less than one year ago. Due to the short notice of this announcement, only EU nationals and those with a valid work permit for The Netherlands are asked to apply. The intern will have to take out health insurance before starting the internship.
This internship lasts six months and remuneration is via a modest monthly honorarium of 800 euros.
To apply, please fill in the online application form latest at 19 January 2014, available HERE.
Due to the volume of applicants Greenpeace International regrets they are unable to respond to individual queries. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the date of your application, Greenpeace International regrets that you have not been short-listed for further consideration.