Deadline: 27 January 2014
Open to: experienced PR workers and financial managers interested in EU-Russia relations
Remuneration: gross salary of about 1900 EUR a month
EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (CSF) is looking for strong candidates for a combined position of a Public Relations Coordinator (PRC) and Financial Manager (FM) who will be based at the CSF Secretariat. The appointment will be from 1 March 2014 – 31 July 2015, during which period the Secretariat will be based at the German-Russian Exchange (GRE, Deutsch-Russischer Austausch e.V.) in Berlin. This position is for 80 percent time (32 hours a week) with PR functions taking about 20 hours a week and FM functions taking 12 hours a week. The Public Relations Coordinator / Financial Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and coordinating the Forum’s public relations activities using various communications channels and tools to build and sustain sound relations of the Forum with different stakeholders in Russia and the EU and increase the Forum’s visibility (in coordination with the responsible Consortium members);
- Managing all financial procedures within the Forum’s project work and between members of the Consortium;
- Preparing financial reports and audits and contribute to general reports to the donors.
The work includes in particular:
- Publicize the activities of the Forum, its programmes and goals, both through internal and external media channels, in English and Russian;
- Establish effective working relationships and cooperation with governmental bodies, non-governmental and other organizations both from Russia and the EU;
- Organize and moderate public events, including press-conferences, public discussions, presentations and campaigns as well as fundraising events;
- Draft PR materials, newsletters, statements, speeches, press releases and articles (in coordination with the Executive Director and the Steering Committee of the CSF);
- Liaise with and answer inquiries from media, individuals and other organizations;
- Analyze and develop media coverage of the CSF work and issues it addresses;
- Maintain and edit the CSF website and social media of the Forum;
- Develop of tools for internal communication between CSF member organizations and with CSF bodies (in cooperation with Executive Director and responsible Consortium members);
- Integrate visibility and PR-elements into all Forum projects and monitor the CSF visibility according the standards required by donors;
- Coordinate translation and interpretation work;
- Contribute to reports for the public and donors regarding PR and visibility activities.
- Maintain budgeting for the Forum project work and daily transactions activities;
- Ensure of sound financial management by the Consortium members and maintain financial documentation of the project work in accordance with the requirements of the donors;
- Prepare financial reports and audit (along with the Accountant at the Secretariat);
- Conduct official correspondence with donors;
- Contribute to fundraising activities.
- Proven experience in the public relations work;
- Organizational and events management skills;
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills both orally and in writing (English and Russian);
- Experience in using modern communication tools and instruments;
- Proved experience in financial management;
- Creativity and initiative;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and plan effectively;
- Responsibility and engagement;
- Interest in EU-Russia relations and work of non-governmental organizations at the international level;
- Strong IT skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Team player;
- Readiness to travel regularly.
The organization offers:
16-month contract (32 hours per week) with a possibility to prolong the contract, subject to availability of funding, friendly working atmosphere and competent staff, an interesting job in a growing and innovative international project, involving interaction with leading non-governmental and governmental actors in EU and Russia, as well as a gross salary of about 1900 EUR a month(depending on family status, in accordance with tax regulation in Germany).
Please send your application by 27 Jauary 2014 (letter of motivation and CV) to the Executive Director of German-Russian Exchange Stefan Melle firstname.lastname@example.org. A first round of interviews with prospective candidates will be held over Skype in the first week of February. Short-listed candidates will be asked to come in Berlin for an interview between 10 and 13 February 2014.