Deadline: 28 February 2014
Open to: students and small and medium sized enterprises
Award: 25,000 EUR(first price); 10,000 EUR (second price) and diplomas and honorary mentions (third to tenth prize)
Developers, startups and students who have an idea for a great application are invited to submit their entries and compete in the Ericsson Application Awards 2014 for the best Android or iOS apps. This competition will give you and your team the opportunity to gain a foothold in the app industry, while also earning recognition and making contacts within the telecom industry. This opportunity suits an agri-entrepreneur to build an application related to agriculture.
- Develop an application based on the Android or Apple iOS platform (Web or Native) that addresses the theme;
- Submit a demo video and a working prototype application by February 28, 2014;
- The application must be an original work;
- The prize money will be shared equally among the registered team members. The winning teams will be contacted to ensure payment of the prize. The winners will be announced on this site.
The competition is global and open to both students and small and medium sized enterprises (less than 100 employees). There are two categories: one for students and one for companies. There will also be a special recognition for innovation supporting Technology for Good.
The awards for each category (Students and Companies) are as follows:
- First prize: EUR 25 000;
- Second prize: EUR 10 000;
- Third to tenth prize: diplomas, honorary mentions.
The first evaluation phase results in the selection of the semi-finalist teams: the top five in each category. The second evaluation phase of the semi-finalist entries is will be made by representatives from three to four countries globally and results in the selection of the finalist teams, the top two in each category. The submitted applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Android application or Apple iOS (Native or Web);
- Addresses the theme “Apps for the Working Life”;
- Working application prototype;
- Innovative solution;
- Business potential.
Please submit your application no later than 28 February 2014. Click HERE to register.
Check the official call.