Government of Canada – Scholarships 2014
Deadline: 5 November 2014
Open to: Canadian and international PhD students studying social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, engineering or health at Canadian universities
Scholarship: $50,000 per year for three years
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. The program supports students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and/or humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
Candidates must be nominated by the university at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program.
It is worth $50,000 per year for three years and is available to both Canadian and international PhD students studying at Canadian universities.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- Be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a ;
- Be pursuing your first doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating university; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2015 (see );
- Have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the university for its definition of a first-class average; and
- Not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from , or to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
There are two deadlines pertaining to the 2014-2015 competition:
- University deadline: Following the student’s identification in ResearchNet of the university proposed for doctoral study, an additional deadline date and time will appear at the top of each page. This is the deadline by which your application must be submitted to the university through .
- Program deadline: Universities must forward their selected nominations to the Vanier CGS program by November 5, 2014 (8:00 p.m. Eastern Time).
Please, read thecarefully.
For further information visit the official website HERE.