Deadline: 31 December 2014
Open to: international students
ESCAP provides opportunities for students enrolled in graduate school/PhD programme, students enrolled in the final year of a first university degree, students having graduated with a university degree less than one year ago to undertake an internship with one of its diverse range of divisions and agencies, most of which are located at its Bangkok, New Delhi and Incheon City (Republic of Korea) headquarters.
The internship positions are open to international students from UN and non-UN members countries. Also the interested applicants need to met one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- have graduated with a university degree (first university degree, or second university degree or equivalent, or higher) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
The internship position will take place either in Bangkok, New Delhi, Incheon City or Beijing depending in which city the applicant is interested in. The internship should not exceed six months, with a minimum period of two months and the intern will not be paid by the United Nations and, will not be considered a staff member, hence, he/she will not be entitled to the privileges and immunities accorded to staff members of the United Nations. Also all expenses connected with the internship, such as travel costs, travel arrangements, living accommodation, are the responsibility of the intern or the sponsoring institution, and the applicant is responsible for obtaining a working visa for the respective countries.
To apply for one of the many open internship positions you need to:
- Select one internship position from the list provided here;
- After you see the job description proceed by clicking the button submit;
- Register on the online platform and provide the required documents for the internship position.