Deadline: 12 January 2015
Open to: international students
Benefits: not specified
The Associated Press is offering paid journalism internships for the summer 2015 in nine U.S. cities (including Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sacramento and Washington, D.C.) and 10 international locations (including Bangkok, Berlin, Johannesburg, London, Mexico City, New Delhi, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Seoul and Tokyo).
Interns will be expected to be fast thinkers and show creativity and strong news judgment. They should be strong storytellers who are able to recognize interesting news elements, suggest their own story ideas and angles and incorporate them in video, still images or text. Interns should be comfortable interacting with a diverse group of co-workers and interview subjects. Depending on experience and training, interns may contribute to the text news report – reporting and writing their own stories under the direct supervision of an editor. Editors will train interns on such areas as interview techniques, sourcing, databases and AP style.
The internship is open to U.S. and international students as well as recent graduates. Applicants must be:
- current full-time students within two years of earning an undergraduate degree (juniors and seniors); or
- current full-time graduate students; or
- students who will graduate December 2014 or later.
The summer 2015 Global News Internship is a paid, highly selective, 12-week individually tailored training program for students who are aspiring cross-format journalists. The specifics of the internship benefits are currently disclosed, for additional information please contact: email@example.com
For application you need to prepare the following documents:
- A 300-word autobiographical essay on this topic: “The Associated Press seeks to recruit and retain a workforce that embodies a wide range of talents, experiences, achievements and journalistic skills. Please describe the qualities and accomplishments you would bring to the company as an intern.”;
- A resume and cover letter (please include your projected graduation date);
- Three to five examples of your work (links to a website of your clips, video, photos and multimedia work are preferred);
- A letter of reference from a previous internship or former employer;
- Mode of applying is online by submitting the information and documents here.
For more details: