Deadline: 31 March 2015
Open to: undergraduate students, graduate students or recent collect graduates
Fellowship: $4,000 stipend plus accommodation
The Diplomat Fellowship is dedicated to creating and discovering solutions for the greatest social impact, in urban communities throughout the world. The Fellowship is an experiential, relevant, practical and exciting way to rethink our assumptions, our collective genius and the ways we solve problems. During the three-month program, that will take place from 1 June- 14 August, 2015, Diplomat Fellows will be fully immersed in the Flint community (USA), where they will share their expertise and ideas with one another.
The Fellowship allows you to take on an important societal challenge. Sample areas include health care, homelessness, environment, education, economy and emergency preparedness and response. Fellows will be expected to:
- Identify, summarize and analyze publicly available, relevant research conducted to date.
- Create a solution that can be replicated for a well-defined social challenge in an urban environment.
- Outline recommendations for further study and research.
- Make recommendations on policy implications of the research.
- Draft white papers, along with presentations for dissemination to sector.
The fellowship is open to undergraduate students, graduate students or recent collect graduates. Students must have a specific social impact area of interest they are passionate about commencing. The successful candidate will be a positive team player with the moral imagination to effect long-term social change, with excellent thought leadership, writing, research, communication and presentation skills.
The project proposal should be a 3- to 5-page research paper demonstrating the following:
- The specific program area you’re most interested in working with
- A statement of your research interests
- Why you’re passionate about the area
- The need for the innovation
- The description of the project
- A list of any additional funding or necessary resources that may be needed
The Diplomat Fellowship provides the Fellows with a stipend of $4,000 and accommodation. The purpose of the funding is to allow the Fellows to work full-time on their venture during the summer. Fellows should expect to work up to 30 hours a week. Fellows will be responsible for travel, meals and other incidental expenses.
Interested candidates should complete the online application form and submit the following materials:
- A PDF version of current resume;
- Project proposal (3-5 pages);
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
The deadline is 31 March 2015.
For further information please contact: email@example.com.