Deadline: 8 September 2015
Open to: young people aged between 20-30 years with academic background in political science, economics, development studies, environmental studies, engineering, or similar
Remuneration: EUR 1,463 (gross pay)
The EU Energy Initiative – Partnership Dialogue Facility (EUEI PDF) is an instrument developed by a number of EU Member States and the European Commission in the context of the EU Energy Initiative (EUEI).
The overall objective of the EUEI PDF is to support the development of policies and strategies for the promotion of access to energy at national and regional level. These are based on dialogue within and between partner countries, their regional organisations, EU member states and the European Commission. Beyond that, EUEI PDF also acts as a secretariat to the Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP) and as one of the implementers of the Africa-EU Renewable Energy Cooperation Programme (RECP). EUEI PDF is looking for 3 interns in their offices in Brussels, Belgium and Eschborn, Germany.
- Support the EUEI PDF project managers and the Brussels liaison officer respectively in their day-to-day business;
- Support in research and analysis related to energy policy, private sector cooperation and capacity development for energy with a focus on Africa;
- Assist with the organisation of meetings and EUEI PDF events or presentations, including planning and logistics;
- Assistance in the development of documents, publications and communication materials;
- Support in the process of the Africa-EU Energy Partnership, for which the EUEI PDF acts as a Secretariat;
- In Brussels: Participate in internal and external meetings and energy-related events taking place in Brussels;
- In Eschborn: Support in the preparation and implementation of thematic studies (e.g. on biomass or other renewable energies);
- Independent development of own thematic contributions for internal and external communication of the EUEI PDF;
- Assistance in and/or carrying out of other activities and tasks, as assigned by EUEI PDF staff.
There are 3 possible employment periods:
- 01.10.2015 – 31.03.2016 (Eschborn, Germany 1);
- 01.03.2016 – 31.05.2016 (Brussels / with the option to extend the internship up to six months);
- 01.03.2016 – 31.08.2016 (Eschborn, Germany 2).
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Young people aged between 20-30 years;
- Academic background in political science, economics, development studies, environmental studies, engineering, or similar;
- Professional/academic experience with energy;
- Languages: English must; French and German an asset;
- You are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago;
- Very good interpersonal, communication, and team skills.
Interns will receive approximately EUR 1,463 per month (gross pay) in Germany. EUEI PDF will pay a lump sum depending on the country and the duration of the internship.
How to apply?
In order to apply you first need to register and access the online application form. Deadline for applying is 8 September 2015.
If you have any questions please write e-mail at email@example.com.
For more information please visit the official website.