The ISS offers scholarships to applicants from certain countries. Competition for these scholarships is high and funds are limited, so the majority of scholarships awarded are partial scholarships. Only approximately 50 full scholarships are granted.
Applying for a scholarship
How to apply:
Apply online as a scholarship applicant, and remember to complete and upload our scholarship form with your application. In the scholarship form, you will be asked to specify the amount of money needed to participate.
What are we looking for?
To be a successful ISS scholarship recipient, you must demonstrate:
- that your academic background is relevant to the course you apply for (see course descriptions for more information)
- that your professional background is relevant to the course you apply for
- your financial need
Who can apply for scholarships?
Asia, Oceania, Africa, Central America and South America
Caucasus and Balkans
Former Soviet Union states
EU and EEA countries
USA and Canada
Scandinavian studies scholarships
Who CANNOT apply for scholarships awarded by the ISS?
- Citizens of Nordic countries
- International applicants residing in Nordic countries who apply for Bachelor’s courses
- Applicants for Bachelor’s courses from Asia, Oceania, and Africa
- Citizens of EU and EEA countries who apply for full scholarships
- Medical professionals applying for Norwegian language courses
- Applicants to ISSN0110 Intensive Elementary Norwegian, Level I
- Current and former University of Oslo students
Applicants with external funding
If part of your costs are being covered by a source other than the ISS (your employer, school, a private foundation or company, etc), you may still apply for a partial scholarship from the ISS. Please include this information in your scholarship form.
Apply here : https://fsweb.no/sokweb/login.jsf?inst=uio