Nordeus, an award-winning independent mobile games developer with 160 awesomely talented people, is organising a unique three month paid internship for Backend devs in our Belgrade office. On the lookout for super-talented young devs who want to join our dynamic and collaborative team, applicants should be eager to dive into one of the world’s fastest growing and exciting industries.
During your time with us, you will have the opportunity to work on our live hit game Top Eleven. One of the most successful online sports games ever made, it is a complex system that has been played by more than 140 million people from all over the world. This translates into several hundred game servers and a codebase with over 1 million lines. Your challenge will be to write the most optimized code/queries that will ensure the system’s stability and resilience.
Throughout your internship, our world-class Backend devs will mentor you and will share with you their invaluable knowledge of the gaming industry. They will make sure that at the end of your three months with us, you will gain a solid knowledge in Backend development.
Join us and experience our unique way of making games! Explore our game rooms where you can play video games, foosball, billiards and table-tennis. Enjoy free meals, drinks and snacks, or just chill out in our Café with all the great people we have the pleasure of working with.
Apply now and learn first-hand how video games work under the hood!
- Enrolled at a Bachelor or Masters level Computer Engineering course
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Familiarity with Java and SQL
- Passion for algorithms, problem solving & video games
- Ability to work in a close-knit team and a proactive mindset
- Experience of working with databases (ORM)
- Familiarity with Linux/Shell
- Familiarity with concurrent problems, sockets, transactions, etc.
- Familiarity with source/version control (Git, SVN)
- Passion for football games
- Eagerness to optimize each part of the code
Important dates & details:
The deadline for all applications is August 14, 2016
We will get back to candidates between August 15 and September 9, 2016
The internship starts in Belgrade on September 15, 2016
Send us your CV with a cover letter to http://norde.us/backend-dev-intern.
For all additional questions, feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org